Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wheels

I currently have 8 pairs of cleats in my personal possession (6 actually belong to me, 2 are lost and not found yet).

Eastbay is having a sale so I just bought 2 more pairs.

Ladies, I will never make fun of you for having too many shoes, I understand now. Shoes make the outfit: spiffy cleats and short black socks make you play well. Practice can make you good, but cleats and socks make you a baller ----->





Stanfo ...er...Ripon Invite this weekend is gonna be awesome but a little wet. Nothin' like a dry pair of cleats after a mud bath to make game 3 go smoothly - ill be ready.

1 comment:

Mackey said...

Ridiculous.

I guess everyone needs their indulgences, but man.

One of the best players on our team last year routinely had terrible cleats (often borrowed from somebody else and a size too small, as he would always forget them). Eventually one of our transfers that year realized an easy way to improve our whole team was to get him a pair of cleats, so we all chipped in a few bucks and bought him some vapors...to deal with the forgetfulness we assigned a freshman to be his "cleat chauffeur," responsible for the cleats at any point in which they were not on Sam's feet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you don't need a half-dozen pairs if you really take care of one good set.