Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ugh


I have been feeling really sluggish for the last week. I hurt, especially in my stomach. I have been trying to completely ignore this and this weekend I tried to put it out of my mind but I am not confident it is going away....

I am in the weird situation in which I have ignored dis-ease before to positive results. How am I to know now whether my lack-luster performance at Stanford Open and at Monday and Tuesday's track practice and field practice are the result of being ill or being wimpy?

I know that the frequent pain in my stomach is not normal, but I don't know what it could be or how that could translate to not being able to run fast at the track.

Do I know my body enough to figure this out? Should I go to the doctor? What could they even do? Yuck.

Normally, when I am not feeling well, I go to the weight room and that makes me feel better, but thinking about a barbell just makes me feel weak right now.

Have I been overtraining? What is going on?


The worst part is not knowing what to do.


On the bright side, I recently found the Radio Lab Podcast and its awesome. If you like This American Life (and you should), you will really like Radio Lab.

No comments: