Monday, March 8, 2010

Success

Sometimes I don't really know what I am doing in my life. Sometimes I'm lost.

But tonight I ran a 5:26 mile at the track. Not a PR, but an improvement from earlier this season. Then we had a ton more exercises... broken 400's, 200's, 40s, 25, and stadiums...
It hurt so bad but I kept pushing myself. I pushed so hard that I puked after the last stadium.

Thats the point really, to push yourself to your current physiological and psychological limit so as to move those limits a little further away. Yakking isn't strictly necessary, but it obviously shows that I did get close to those boundaries. It was a nice little moment bent over those flowers, a nice vivid reminder of my dedication to the team.

I "got it right" tonight. I won track practice, I did it correctly. At least one thing is my life is going according to plan.

No comments: