I think it appropriate for me to write a thesis about Ultimate - what did Jerry Maguire call it? A Mission Statement, a Memo? Haha. Through my last 5 years of college, I have studied Ultimate as much as I have studied the subjects in my classes. I think about Ultimate a lot: for all the times I've said that my blogs will be about lots of things, 90% of the content is Ultimate. Sometimes its hard to be honest about this, but i'll just put it out there: Ultimate has been my life for the last 5 years.
So that's why I think I should write a thesis. A thesis about Ultimate.
I promise you, this will not be hard because of a lack of things to say - if you have read any of my blogs or talked to me on the field, you know that I could fill a book. The challenge of actually being concise is what really intrigues me about this project.
So far, I imagine a "Thesis" about Ultimate could be about a couple different things:
- The Unique, Strange, and Challenging Existence of Spirt Of The Game in our sport
- Ultimate Offense and Defense strategy
- The Unique Community of Ultimate players
- How Ultimate is viewed by its Players and by Outsiders
- Why People Play Ultimate
- The Unique Niche of "College" Sport
- Sports Psychology through Ultimate
- The Rules (and their Ramifications) of Ultimate
- Build a Winning Ultimate Team
- The Mental Game in Ultimate
- The Differences from the Top Level to Pickup in Ultimate
So I would like to ask you, reader, what would YOU be interested in reading a thesis about? And secondly, if you were tasked with writing something long about Ultimate, what would your title be?