....is a shitty affliction for a couple of reasons.
- In the same vein of Turf Toe, it seems odd that such a physically small area can cause such pain and total body incapacitation.
- Flair ups are seemingly random; both cause and cure remain mysterious.
- There is no good way to rest it. I can't NOT WALK.
- Ultimately, it is generated by my own body's inflammation response, which while potentially usful in acute situations, is totally counter productive when chronic. I find it greatly upseting that our bodies evolved such a powerful non-specific defense mechinism that we must work very hard to shut off.
- People who haven't had it don't really understand.
- One of the main causal dispositionary factors in our society is our reliance on ultra supportive running shoes. Once taughted as critically important for running, those super expensive, mega padded tech boots are now shown to be responsible for the epidemic of weak and thus inguried feet in the developed world.
- And lastly, Plantar Fasciitis is a shitty disease because I can take just enough anti-inflamitory drugs and caffine such that I can play on it all day (when I should rest it) and not feel a thing until the regrets start poring on at 5am the next day when I can't sleep because I reagrivated it.