Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Posts a Brewin'

It certainly has been a while since I last posted. School, work, team, observer clinic at Trouble in Vegas, sailing, getting accepted into grad school, running PresDay, being sick ... Ive been busy.

There has been lots going on in my life and in the Ultimate word. I can't wait to get it on the blog but idk when Im gonna have time: Ive been concentrating hard on a few things and that means a bunch of other stuff has fallen by the wayside (at least fallen away from the minimal attention I normal devote in order to keep endevors afloat). Blogging should probably be lower on the totem pole than staying enrolled in school.


So instead of a real post, I just want to direct you to what I find to be one of the truest things ever said about peak profomance (directed at Ultimate, applicable to many things):

"Stop Thinking" by Matt Mackey

If you read one thing about how to perform well in ultimate, let it be this. I am particularly enammored with this essay because I read it directly after PresDay which was the first tournament in which I actually felt I played very well. Reading it, I could not stop saying "YES, YES, YES! He is so Right!". I had just felt EXACTLY what he describes and it makes so much sense. On Sunday I would see my cutter and the disc would magically leave my hand and enter his without concious thought. It was amazing, it was "in the zone", it was flow, and Matt captures that state perfectly. Stop reading this and read his post.



PS- Watch this TED talk that Mackey links to. If you have any intillectual curiosity at all, the 19 minutes spent watching the video will probably be your best time investment all day (especially if you are a procrastinating college student)

PPS- More Mackey


PPPS - If you are SD this weekend, come to the Squid's Beer Pong Tournament at my house, 2pm Saturday.


PPPPS- Our new jerseys look pretty fly, no?

1 comment:

Xhaylow said...

The jersey's are definitely fly. As our the hoodies, one of which I would like to purchase if possible. Let me know the results on the Beer Pong tournament.